The Cystinosis Memorial Fund (CMF) supports teens and adults living with cystinosis in honor of the warriors who have lost their battle. Our aim is to instill confidence and improve the skills and abilities related to your personal goals.
This fund was originally limited to providing financial assistance for career and technology-focused services and goods. Based on feedback from the cystinosis community, it has now expanded!
A stipend of up to $1,000 USD per awardee is available across the globe for:
- Muscle wasting prevention. Costs associated with a nutritionist, personal trainer, gym membership, etc., will be considered
- Software to help with academics/career development
- Training/workshops/webinars/certifications related to academic or career advancement
- Career coaching (cover letter/resume/interview skills and job searching)
- If you require assistance obtaining a computer and/or internet access , please contact Jonathan Dicks and PCs for People. This program now provides personal computers internationally and hot spots in the US
Once awarded, you will be ineligible to reapply for the Cystinosis Memorial Fund for 18 months after receiving the funds.